Assemblymember Carrillo Calls for Reinstatement of TPS for Salvadorans
Carrillo Urges Trump to Rescind Decision Ending TPS for Salvadorans
(Sacramento) - Assemblymember Wendy Carrillo (D-Los Angeles) presented House Resolution 69 to the Assembly Committee on Judiciary on the eve of an Assembly Delegation mission to El Salvador. HR 69 calls for the President to reverse his decision to terminate the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) designation for El Salvador. “As an immigrant from El Salvador, it’s my duty to shine light on President Trump’s misguided decision to end TPS,” said Assemblymember Carrillo. “HR 69 builds upon California’s commitment to protect our communities and the hardworking people in them.” Learn more in this Assembly Access video.
Carrillo Legislation to Provide Resources to Salvadorans Facing Trump Administration Threat
- 03/20/18 - Santiago, Carrillo Immigration Funding Measure for Temporary Protected Status Recipients Passes Committee
- 03/20/18 - Assemblymember Carrillo Introduces Honored Alumni from the Chicano Walkouts
- 02/26/18 - Assemblymember Carrillo’s First Legislative Measure Passes the Assembly Floor to Urge Trump to Reverse Decision Ending Temporary Protected Status for Salvadorans
- 02/13/18 - Assemblymember Carrillo Urges Trump to Rescind Decision Ending Temporary Protected Status for Salvadorans Preceding Assembly Delegation Mission to El Salvador
- 01/09/18 - Assemblymembers Miguel Santiago and Wendy Carrillo Announce Legislation to Provide Resources to Salvadorans Facing Trump Administration Threat
Assemblymember Wendy Carrillo (D-Los Angeles) presented House Resolution (HR) 69 in the Assembly Committee on Judiciary.
Assemblymember Carrillo’s remarks to the Judiciary Committee. (2:09)
Assemblymember Carrillo explains why she brought HR 69 to the Judiciary Committee. (:36)
Assemblymember Carrillo says she and Assembly Speaker Rendon are leading a delegation to El Salvador. (:31)
Assemblymember Carrillo promises California will stand by immigrants in the face of attacks by the Trump administration. (:18)
Assemblymember Carrillo says she this subject is a personal one to her. (:18)